Top 35 Quotes by Thomas Edison


Thomas Edison (February 11, 1847 - October 18, 1931) aged 84, and he was an American inventor and businessman. He developed many devices in fields such as electric power generation, mass communication, sound recording, and motion pictures. He established the first industrial research laboratory.

Top 35 Quotes by Thomas Edison
Top 35 Quotes by Thomas Edison
Here is the Top 35 Quotes by Thomas Edison as below:
  
1.     “Genius is 1% inspiration and 99% perspiration”.


2.     “Tomorrow is my exam but I don’t care because a single sheet of paper can’t decide my future”.


3.     “Everything comes to him who hustles while he waits”.

4.     “The value of an idea lies in the using of it”.

5.     “Great ideas originate in the muscles.”

6.     “Genius is one percent inspiration and ninety-nine percent perspiration”.

7.     “Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.”

8.     “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”

9.     “I never did a day’s work in my life. It was all fun.”

10. “There are no rules – we’re trying to accomplish something.”

11. “If we did all the things we are capable of, we would literally astound ourselves.”

12. “When a man desires a thing so deeply that he is willing to stake his entire future on a single turn of the wheel in order to get it, he is sure to win.”

13. “To invent, you need a good imagination and a pile of junk.”

14. “Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in the overalls and looks like hard work.”

15. “The three great essentials to achieve anything worthwhile are, first, hard work: second, stick-to-itiveness: third, common sense.”

16. “We shall have no better conditions in the future if we are satisfied with all those which we have at present.”

17. “The first requisite for success is the ability to apply your physical and mental energies to one problem incessantly without growing weary.”

18. “The best thinking has been done in solitude. The worst has been done in turmoil.”

19. “Time is really the only capital that any human being has, and the only thing he can’t afford to lose.”

20. “Vision without execution is hallucination.”

21. “When I have fully decided that a result is worth getting I go ahead of it and make trial after trial until it comes.”

22. “Anything that won’t sell, I don’t want to invent. Its sale is proof of utility, and utility is success.”

23. “There is far more opportunity than there is ability.”

24. “Results! Why, man, I have gotten a lot of results. I know several thousand things that won’t work.”

25. “Show me a thoroughly satisfied man and I will show you a failure.”

26.  “Many of life’s failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up.”

27. “I never did anything by accident, nor did any of my inventions come by accident; they came by work.”

28. “Nearly every man who develops an idea works it up to the point where it looks impossible, and then he gets discouraged. That’s not the place to become discouraged.”

29. “Until man duplicates a blade of grass, nature can laugh at his so-called scientific knowledge…”

30. “The doctor of the future will give no medicine, but will interest his patients in the care of the human body, in diet, and in the cause and prevention of disease…”

31. “The thing I lose patience with the most is the clock. Its hands move too fast…”

32. “Personally, I enjoy working about 18 hours a day. Besides the short catnaps I take each day, I average about four to five hours of sleep per night…”

33. “I do not believe in the God of the theologians; but that there is a Supreme Intelligence   I do not doubt”.

34. “What a man’s mind can create, man’s character can control”.

35.   “I find my greatest pleasure, and so my reward, in the work that precedes what the world calls success”.
Which Top 35 Quotes by Thomas Edison do you like?


No comments: